Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Vacation

Two weeks ago Kyle and I headed up to Boise for Christmas with my brother in law Dan and sister Deborah. Today we are back on our couch in Temecula. It was a whirlwind of a two weeks, wonderful to see family, but after a VERY busy Holiday season we are glad to be home with no agenda in the foreseeable future except to work and get back into the swing of every day life. 

It would take way to long to give you the play by play of our time in Idaho and so I'll just give a few highlights. 
 Clearly just seeing my family is a highlight in itself. It was great to see my sisters kids play together. They were constant entertainment. Davy wouldn't leave Abigail's side, Elijah wouldn't leave Davy, Vanessa called Danny her baby (even though they are the same size) and Danny pretty much just ran around and let everyone know he was there and happy.


Seeing Abigail was so wonderful. She is a complete joy to me,  I only wish that she lived closer!


Kyle and I got to sneak away a few mornings to have coffee with grandma and grandpa at her house. They were sweet times of talking and laughing.


I got to spend some one on one time with my mom. Oh I want to be like her!


I got my very needed hugs from Dad.


Kyle and I got the "Treasury of David" by Spurgeon from my parents for Christmas. I start reading it tomorrow and am really excited about it. 


We came back with so many things. My mom and grandma kept saying "listen you drove up a suburban we can pack a lot in there, so you just need to tell us what you want." 


We went snow tubing!





We got to celebrate Kyle's birthday with the whole family. 


I could go on and on, so I'll stop. Just recapping the trip reminds me of how blessed we are. The Lord provides far beyond what we deserve or need. 







2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! I missed reading your stories! However, this post made me miss the Wood family an awful lot! I loved spending time with you guys when we were in Montana. So great to see the pictures of everyone! So great to see you so happy. Really does make my heart feel good! Hope 2012 is even better for you! Please tell your family hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell them hello, but only if you tell your family hello and give them my love in return :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete