Wednesday, January 25, 2012

getting to know you...

During the sermon on Sunday the pastor said that as we get to know God better we see our sin more clearly. ( I paraphrased) 

I've been thinking about that in terms of friendships as well. When you get to know someone you see the good, the bad, and the ugly. 

How often do we stop and think: "If I am seeing sin in them, they must be seeing sin in me as well." (probably twice as much sin if your getting to know me!)

As you can probably tell from previous posts I have been thinking a lot about the Lord's patience and love... I'm NOT one for New Years Resolutions, I don't like to say from now on I'm going to ___ fill in the blank. I am praying, however, that the Lord takes these thoughts and transforms them into consistent thought processes that truly change the way I treat/view people and change the way I view God. 
1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 


1 comment:

  1. I'll take you anyway I can....the good the bad and the very ugly! I know you have taken me as well

    ReplyDelete