Thursday, January 5, 2012

a walk...

I was going to go on a walk with a friend on Tuesday, but she was unable to go, so I did my morning  chores and got ready for work. I was ready with lots of extra time before work, so I decided to walk to work.

What I didn't decide to do was to change first. 

So I walked in a cute dress with black boots. 

 REALLY bad idea.


I got two miles from my house and thought the walk was pretty successful. I only had two more miles to go.


Then my feet started to hurt. Walking in boots is bad


Well I got to a busy intersection, turned right and walked another half a mile. 


Then the side walk ended. It didn't end at a very convenient place either. It ended at the on and off ramps to the freeway which are located on an over pass. GREAT. I didn't have enough time to walk back to an intersection that allowed me to cross, and the part of the road that I was at was REALLY busy. what was I going to do?


Never fear! Homeless man walking his bike is near!


"Come on sweety! let's get through this" yes, that is what the homeless man said to me. So he helped me bob and weave through traffic. He even stopped traffic once. It must have looked strange. A very tall girl in a dress and boots running after a homeless man walking his bike.  I made it safely to  the other side on the overpass and then he was gone. rode off on his bike before I could say thanks. 


On my way back from work my feet were throbbing! I ended up with blisters on the tops of my toes, really really big ones. Anyway, as I came back to the same overpass (this time on the side of the road with a side walk) a couple of emergency vehicles came to a stop right in front of me. There was an accident on the off ramp side of the road that I had come across. 


I was stuck again. If I went around to the other side I wouldn't have a side walk, just a very busy road and no homeless man to help me bob and weave. 


Then he came, the fireman who had to stop traffic to help me get through the accident. I felt pretty embarrassed. He had to help me through and even made am ambulance move when he was parking so I had a safer path across the road. 


Well I finally made it home. I did walk through a neighborhood instead of on the main road so that people would stop asking me if I wanted a ride, but I made it home. 


I'm not going to walk to work anymore

1 comment:

  1. Well you got me at trying to figure out why you'd walk to work in the first place. Bekki, if you want to walk, they make treadmills for that.

    ReplyDelete