Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Firm

The Firm, The Cult... just a couple of names that SportsTek goes by (Kyle's work) It is a great company to work for. Nothing quite like working with believers that you also go to church with, minister with, serve with, work with.. I think you can see why it's called the firm or a cult. 

I can't stress enough the blessing it is. It has brought us to Temecula,, to Faith Bible Church, to new friends that love the Lord and are at our same stage of life, the blessing of working FOR believers not just with them.. the blessings go on and on. 

Now I realize I'm the new wife of the firm. Most of the ladies are SO used to the crazy schedule their husbands have, the different facets of working for the firm, and I know I have a lot to learn from these women. How they serve and are patient and flexible and supportive. 

To be honest, some days I do much better than others. This week has been harder for me. Kyle gets up at 4 every day. (very typical for every guy who works for SportsTek, I am so proud of him, but I don't want it to sound like He's doing things other people aren't) and home around 7 on average.  He drives all over San Diego county. Sometimes I get the phone call that says:

Kyle: "I'm on my way home"
me: "Sweet, I'll start dinner."
Kyle: "You should probably wait, I'm about 10 minutes from the Mexican border, it'll be awhile"


So even on those days he's done "early" he doesn't get home early. Then there is studying to do. Yep, there is a lot of studying in this job. He has to know what he's saying to the Dr.'s and just when he thinks he's figured out one part of the job he gets put on a case he's never seen before.

Like I said, Kyle and I are the newbies. I know that the way has been paved for us and that some of these guys have gone through a lot of hard times and long hours, and because of the road they have paved we have a support system, and it's easier for Kyle and I!


For me, this means I need to be supportive of Kyle, put my needs on the back burner. Don't even plan on a time for dinner. Don't plan on going out after Kyle comes home. I need to understand when he's tired and crashed on the couch at 7. There have been nights when I wake him up just to eat dinner and then send him off to bed. We talk on the phone much more than we talk in person. 


I need focus on being his support, encourage him when he's tired, help him focus on the good and the truth. (Kyle is such an example to me in how he thinks!) I need to be his prayer warrior, and also for the team.


This week it's been easy for me to feel bad for myself. After reading this post and realizing what Kyle and the rest of the SportstTek guys do everyday you probably think it's pretty selfish for me to feel bad for myself... because it is! 


I am learning to focus on the good, be super productive with my time and search out ways to serve, and to think of the other wives! How can I be supportive of them, some of those women have families, much much more on their plate than I do! But mostly I need to focus on being a support to my husband.


What amazing examples I have to follow!

 

2 comments:

  1. Some of this made me laugh...the 10 minutes from the Mexican border speech is one I hear often :) I can totally relate to those LONG days or frustration of trying to talk to my husband for a few minutes in between him getting home and going to bed only to look over and to see that he fell asleep in the middle of my sentence!! It DOES get better, I promise :) OR, maybe we just get used to it and it doesn't seem so bad!!! Be his biggest cheerleader, support system and friend! and if you get bored during the day or need someone to talk to face to face, you know where to find us! I also know a little girl who would LOVE a captive audience to talk to and ask questions to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate it, and I would love to give my attention to your little girl.. she's pretty fun! :)

    ReplyDelete