Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1 John

Every month Kyle and I choose a book of the Bible to read completely through every day. This month we are reading 1 John every day. 

It's been a huge blessing, and the Lord is teaching me so much about myself. I realize for whatever reason that although Scripture tells us that God's love is constant, never changing, un-conditional, etc. I still expect to be loved according to my actions. I can only imagine what a slap in the face that must be to God. He sent His son to die for our sins, and yet I still put boundaries on God's love in my own mind. ah! 1 John has been so good in renewing my thinking on God's love. 

Then Kyle told me that 1 John 2:28 really stood out to Him. " Now, little children, abide in Him, so that when He appears, we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame at His coming."


Now, little children..... 

I love that. I love that God is our Daddy, that we are His little children. I think of my earthly Father's love. Yes, at times there is discipline, some tough love. But there is a never ending supply of forgiveness, and un-conditional love. If that is how my earthly Father loves, I truly can't wrap my mind around how God loves me. 


So I am going to strive, with the Lord's help of course, to abide in Him. I want to put my walk with Christ first without any thought of what people will think of me or how they will view me. Just to Abide in Christ so that I can have confidence in Him and not shrink away!

No comments:

Post a Comment