Thursday, January 19, 2012

new job/being a sub/bread adventure

It's been a pretty interesting week. I was in LA on Monday, started a new job on Tuesday and was a Substitute teacher today!

Since my new job is work-from-home, my boss decided that a work dinner would be wonderful for us to see who we work with/see that we work for a real company/ orientation. 

Well I google mapped my way over and WAY underestimated how long it would take me to get there. It's in the middle of no where. I thought that I was lost several times, but in fact I was not, I was told to just keep driving. I related to Dori from finding nemo many times, yes, I sang "just keep driving" for the last 10 minutes, until I FINALLY arrived. 

The next little adventure of the week... I was a substitute teacher today. I never thought that I would sub. I did however, and it was pretty fun. I already know the kids and work with them for a little bit every day which I think was a HUGE help. The teacher gave me a rough idea of what she wanted done, and lets admit it, being a sub for 1st grade isn't rocket science. 


I did make one little girl cry. 


It really wasn't me, it was her. She had a bad attitude all day, and wasn't listening to me. She is crazy OCD about her homework. Well I had asked the class to clean up their tables and get in line, if they didn't finish the project we were working on then we'd finish after gym. (we coordinate gym time with 2 other teachers so this is the one area where I really needed to insist we kept to the schedule) 


Well, she didn't want to leave her work undone


I wanted her to get in line.

She refused.

My boss looked at me to see if I would let a 1st grader boss me around.


I took her homework from her and ...... water works.. wah wah wah wah wah


I don't feel bad.


Third adventure: Bread making. Sure I've made plenty of sweet breads, but today I made my first loaf of wheat bread. I REALLY hope that it turns out well, and if it does I will share the recipe with you! 


Kyle loves fresh baked bread so it's going to be fun to have it ready for him by the time he comes home... if it tastes ok...





 

1 comment:

  1. "I don't feel bad."

    Probably the best line of the whole post. <3 you! :)

    ReplyDelete