Monday, January 23, 2012

Perspective

We had an incredible sermon yesterday about our TOTAL forgiveness in Christ. 

How amazing that we are forgiven completely, even for the things that we haven't confessed, for the things that we will do, have done and are currently battling. 

The freedom in Christ, the forgiveness... it's overwhelming.

I have thought a lot about this lately, about God's love and forgiveness. He is so patient with us. I could spend forever talking about the ways He is patient, but think about this, He allows that we only see bits of our sin at a time. We are given the chance to grow, battle, and overcome before we are given another challenge. What if we saw all of our sin at once! We would probably have a better understanding of how wretched we are, but we would also not be able to handle it. We can't even handle the sins we are battling now on our own. God is our complete strength!

This day I am thankful for a patient, forgiving God who see's us through His son, so that He can continue to be patient with us.  

His forgiveness makes me want to battle harder and to eagerly forgive others, because I know from what I have been forgiven.

1 comment: