Thursday, April 5, 2012

Steak Dinner/Movie date night

I told you awhile back that Kyle wants to learn how to cook and that we are going to start cooking together. Our goal is to cook one meal a week together. Well yesterday was our day. I was in our gym (our apartment complex has a gym, not our personal gym. hahaha.  anyways...) when I got the a text from Kyle that said "don't make dinner." 

When I was done with my workout I walked back to our apartment right as Kyle was coming home and he was carrying fun surprises. Steak, red wine, and a movie.

We had a blast cooking together and having a little mid-week date night. 

This isn't my picture, although honestly it looks almost identical to our finished product. 

YUM!!! Dinner was so good, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy wasn't so bad either. 

Recipe:


1. Kyle and I patted down our cut of steak with a paper towel. I'm not sure if you need to do that or not, but we like to. It just absorbs a bit of the extra juice and helps the spices stick to the meat.

 2. Next we rubbed salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary onto the meat.

3. In a large skillet we melted butter on high heat (You can just call me Paula Dean) and added the steaks. I would recommend 4 minutes on each side. That also depends on the cut of meat at how rare you like it. 4 minutes on high heat is a nice medium rare.

4. When the steak was done I removed it from the skillet and added the asparagus. Letting it cook in the same skillet added a ton of flavor to the asparagus. It was delicious!!!

* for a little extra yummyness sometimes I shave a little mozzarella cheese on top of the asparagus at the end, I leave it on just enough to melt it.

1 comment: