Wednesday, April 18, 2012

sick day 2

What do you crave when your sick?

For me I want Kyle to hold me, my grandma to scratch my back, my Dad to let me sit on his lap, Lisa to make me soup.. in short I want my family.

(I called my Dad last night, he said he'd have to put something in my water to make me sick all the time if it meant me calling all the time.)

I also crave things that remind me of my childhood. Like watching Harry Potter or The Sound of Music. 

I clearly become pretty needy when I'm sick. 

I also become unnecessarily and embarrassingly emotional. Last night kyle was making me some soup from a can. He thought that now that we're making a meal a week together he'd put his culinary skills to the test. After all, he was left alone in the kitchen without me telling me what to do. 

He decided to get a little crazy and added rosemary to my chicken noodle soup. 

This made me cry.

Yes, cry.

Yes, I'm embarrassed.

He asked me why I was crying.

Didn't he understand that adding rosemary to the chicken noodle soup was un-necessary? (much like my crying)

Think I'm pathetic yet? It gets better.

Sweet Kyle, after working all day and coming home to an emotional wreck of a wife decided to ignore my criticism of his cooking and started cleaning the kitchen for me. 

My response? ... you guessed it. I cried. I asked him why he couldn't just come cuddle me.

Poor man, I wouldn't have wanted to cuddle me either. And yet he did. 

Kyle slightly blames my dad for this. He thinks I was a bit spoiled (my dad would wholeheartedly agree) I never had to ask for a hug in my life. My dad gave them freely. In fact I had a sister who used to ask us NOT to hug her.

Well time to go shower, I'm hoping to be more of a "site for sore eyes" for kyle tonight than I was last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment