Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!

Friday was the Good Friday service at our church. After work I met up with my friend and helped her with the decorations for the Good Friday service and the Easter Service. It was so fun to serve with her! We are really glad that our church had a Good Friday Service, it was a great time to stop and focus on Christ's work on the Cross for us.  Kyle and I love being with our church body. I could talk about the church we go to forever! We love them more and more all the time. We have been truly blessed to be surrounded by such believers! 

Saturday was a baby shower for a friend of ours. I had the privilege of planning it with some sweet friends. I think the best part was being able to do something that really blessed the mother. 

After the shower me and the other planners came to my apartment. Our husbands went climbing and we took naps on the couch.. we needed it.

Then Easter Sunday came!!! I LOVE Easter! It might just be my favorite holiday. I love dedicated to celebrating the Resurrection. I also love that it's always on a Sunday. We always celebrate Easter with other believers and as fun as the little traditions that surround Easter are, they don't seem to take over the meaning of the day. 

We spent the day with the Tracy's and Tinahui's, but that's a post all it's own. I couldn't think of better people to have enjoyed Easter with.

No comments:

Post a Comment