Tuesday, October 11, 2011

hispanic comfort food

I am white, as in ethnicity, not skin color. Although my skin is also white... but I do tan well, (except for when I get too board tanning and stop) Anyways, I'm white... my husband is half white, half Hispanic.

Whats the point? White people and Hispanic people have different ideas of comfort food. The weather changes, gets a little cooler and I have visions of baked goods, chili, cornbread, baked potatoes, hot cocoa, pumpkin pie, apple cider... ok I have to stop, this is not the point. The point is that when Kyle things of comfort food he is torn. The white side of him loves all of the things I just named. The Hispanic side has a TOTALLY different idea of comfort food. 

He likes simple. It's almost like the fewer ingredients the better when it comes to comfort food. He also likes things mixed together in a way I would never have thought of. 

Well, last night, in the spirit of serving my husband and providing him with good old Hispanic comfort food I made something I NEVER thought I would have made.

I cut up corn tortillas and fried them, then added scrambled eggs and cheese, salt and pepper. Kyle added hot sauce.  

That was it. 

That was dinner.

He LOVED it. 

I liked it too... although it wasn't a baked potato with bacon bits and shredded cheese.

Hispanic comfort food..... I'm learning. 

3 comments:

  1. Umm... that's not Mexican comfort food unless you also had chorizo in the eggs. I was expecting menudo or pozole or something! I think the white side interfered with the Mexican side or something while someone was cooking that up... TAMALES!!! Now THOSE are Mexican comfort food. In fact, now I want some... *Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what chorizo is... or menudo or pozole... you'll have to teach me. Is there a difference between Nicaraguan comfort food and mexican comfort food? Show's you how white I am! I have to label is all hispanic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be proud though, I know how to make tamales... I learned just for Kyle. I hate them

    ReplyDelete