Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Bozeman Police Reports

I grew up in Bozeman Montana. Some of the first bits of advice that my brothers in law, Dan and Caleb, gave Kyle when we started dating seriously was to not make fun of Bozeman. My sisters and I kind of LOVE it... and that's an understatement. 

I tell people that I grew up never locking our doors and that we knew all of our neighbors. People can't imagine that a place like that still exists. Well... Once you read these police reports you wont be confused anymore... Sometimes I read them just to get a good laugh in my day. 

Here are just a few from this last week:

A man said a small, red, heavy-duty truck full of cocaine was heading west near Churchill and Norris roads at 1:16 a.m. The man said he studies MapQuest maps and God gives him visions. He also said he was in a mental hospital for 15 years and was shocked 11 times for schizophrenia.

A black bear was seen “just chilling on the porch” in the area of South Sixth Avenue and West Alderson Street at 8:06 p.m.

A bear eating chicken feed in a barn on Big Gulch Drive refused to leave, despite the homeowners lighting fireworks and yelling at it. The bear “just looks at them,” they told a dispatcher.

Here are some more... I couldn't stop with just this weeks police reports:


A caller wanted to speak with a deputy about his neighbor “who just mooned him.” 

A woman said she is having problems with her neighbor’s cat. A short time later, the cat owner called to talk about the neighbor “who doesn’t like his cat.”
A caller reported someone had thrown something at an Arrowwood Drive home around 4 a.m. and then driven away. It turned out to be a newspaper carrier and not a problem.

A caller reported that a child had fallen down the stairs and landed on the family dog.

An officer returned a call regarding a report that dogs were chasing donkeys on South 16th Avenue.
 

I hope you got a good laugh out of that!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment