Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chili and Key Lime Pie

Temecula doesn't have 4 Seasons. It has 3 Seasons, and one repeats itself. This makes people Think that there are 4 seasons... but there aren't. 

While the rest of the world is experiencing Fall, I am experiencing Spring. Yep, Spring. The mornings are crisp and fresh. Things are getting.. dare I say it.. greener. I wake up to sprinklers turning on. I run in the morning to the smell of freshly cut grass. People are cutting their grass more, because it's healthier now and greener and growing faster. 

The Next Season to come will be Fall. Yes, we skip Winter all together. (Ok, I don't know that for sure, but I can't imagine that Winter really feels like Winter, if Fall feels like Spring) 

After Fall it will be another Spring..

Then Summer...

Then the part of Summer I like to call Hades... because it's as hot as Hades. (Kyle thinks I'm a wimp, and I probably am, but I don't know if this Montana girl will EVER get used to temperatures over 100 degrees. I start melting when it hits 90) 

So, where do Chili and Key Lime Pie fit into the seasons? Well my body is completely confused. I want Fall. Desperately want fall! I wear boots and scarves and sweaters in the hopes that if I try hard enough it will come. ( that is until I start sweating from too many clothes ) I crave fall foods..... thus the chili.

But wait.. I said my body was confused. I hear the birds chirping and I feel the fresh crisp clean air of Spring and I want a fresh crisp dessert... Key Lime Pie

 Well I made both, and both for the first time, which is pretty embarrassing. Who hasn't made Chili before?! Well I hadn't, and to be honest Kyle and I LOVED it, so I guess I did pretty good for a first timer. I mean yes, it's Chili and it's super easy to make. But Kyle asked me to write down exactly what I did so that I could make it again... that has to make a wife feel good!

Then I made the Key Lime Pie to cool off from the Chili. 

After all. It is Spring, I was only pretending it to be fall

No comments:

Post a Comment