Friday, November 2, 2012

Granny

She was wiry and tough. 
She was was smart and could talk your ear off. 
She was the best cook I've ever known. 
She started almost all of our family traditions.

She had favorites, (Micah, Dad, and Uncle Steve) But we loved her for it.
We would fall asleep to her playing the piano.
She loved family and to be together.
She lived in a "mansion", and had she lived longer we would have all gotten married there.

There are some things that instantly make me think of her and miss her. Like blackberry cobbler, pound cake, creamed corn, rain, frost (because Oregon frosted a lot, but rarely got snow) dice, wood fire's, big back porches, love of music, umbrellas and canes., the phrase "let their be light."

My dad loved her so much it made us girls love her even more. 

This morning its foggy and drizzly out and I wish that I was on a walk around her property with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment