Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving, pt. 1

I LOVE the holidays, and I love that they kick off with Thanksgiving. How wonderful to dedicate time to giving thanks. Our church does a Thanksgiving Eve service and Kyle and I have been lucky enough to attend it twice now. It seems crazy that we have lived in Temecula long enough to experience the holidays down here twice already. We love the Thanksgiving service and chance to fellowship in that way with the body of Christ.

Okay, well without further ado, I will tell you all about doing the Thanksgiving meal alone for the first time. 

Our friends let us use their beautiful property for the day so that we could have more space. It was AMAZING. 





I drove down early so that I could prepare all the food while Kyle played his traditional game of football in the morning. 

It was so nice to drive down and really spend the morning to thank the Lord for my MANY blessings. It was a sweet time. 

Then it was time to focus on the turkey.


I cleaned it out and didn't forget the neck cavity. I heard so many stories about first timers forgetting to pull all the insides out. 
 

After I washed it up and patted it dry I spread some butter over the skin and stuck it in the oven
 

It was SO YUMMY! It wasn't too dry, and it was super flavorful. The only thing was that the legs didn't stay tucked in. Oh well, I filled it up with stuffing and I think it looked kinda nice. 
 
 
 While the turkey was cooking I made myself a nice little fire, read, and then took a nap.


 I wanted to take pictures of the rest of the food, however, Kyle and his dad started digging in so quickly I forgot! It was a nice peaceful day with them. We took naps on the comfy oversized chairs on the front porch in perfect weather. 

It was a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment