Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole


Kyle called and asked for some "Thanksgiving Leftover Casserole" that his mom used to make. "Sure!" I said. He rarely requests food so I was more than happy to make him some. I asked how it was made, and of course he didn't know. I called his mom and she didn't answer... so, I searched allrecipies.com and combined a couple of different casserole's. Kyle and I were both really happy with how it turned out.
 
 It looked a lot like the picture above, but I stole that from google. I used all leftovers. This would be much more time consuming if I made it fresh, or from scratch.. well it was all fresh and from scratch at one point, just not anymore..whatever, it doesn't matter and I think you know what I mean.

Ingredients: Shredded Turkey, enough to fully cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
                     Mashed Potatoes
                     Green Beans
                     1 Can cream of mushroom soup
                     Cubed Cheese
                     1 Onion
                     Garlic
                     left over stuffing, optional
 
Directions: This is basically a glorified shepherds pie, layer, layer, add some potatoes.. 
                   If you are using the left over stuffing thinly layer that on the bottom of the pan; if not, then start with the turkey. Cover the bottom of the pan with the shredded turkey.
                   Next, cover the turkey with the green beans.
                    I sauteed the onion chopped it and added it on top of the beans ***I sauteed the onion becuase the casserole wont cook long enough to really cook the onions, i think this way is much more flavorful and just better. 
                   After the onions I added the can of mushroom soup.
                   Now, this might be the best part! I cut cubes of cheddar cheese and stirred them into the mashed potatoes with garlic. I LOVE garlic and cheesy potatoes. Put this on top and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.  
                  
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment