Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Christmas Trees

Okay, okay, I realize that tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I'm doing a Christmas post, but the thing is... I don't care. I LOVE Christmas and I am ready to decorate and craft for it so I did. 

My friend and I spend quite awhile yesterday making these trees. We did it for free, but depending on what supplies you have on hand you might have to spend a LITTLE really, just a little. 

So here is what we did. We took some cardboard. I used an old cereal box and some old cake mix boxes and you twist them into a cone. 


I super glued the seam and then cut the bottom so that they were flat. 

Then I started decorating.  I'll save my favorite one for last. 

First is the cupcake tree. It's my smallest. 


It's pretty self explanatory, but I cut up cupcake tin's and started at the bottom and wrapped the tree. 

Next I used some green yarn and again, started at the bottom and twisted my way up, using super glue as needed. 


Next, I used some twine that I had and did it exactly like the yarn tree.


Now my two favorite! I did one out of red ribbon and book pages!!!



I cut strips of paper and then cut the little tags and rolled them before gluing them onto the tree. 


Now I have a mini forest..


This makes me happy!

1 comment:

  1. I finally Got o! love it now i just have to upload stuff and go, go, go,

    ReplyDelete