Tuesday, April 1, 2014

He loves me...

There are a few things that cannot be explained about parenting until you become a parent. Kyle and I have both said many times "Why don't people go around telling others how great being a parent is?!" The consistent response that we get is "How can you explain it? You just have to experience it to understand."

So true.

One of the things I love the most about being Jonathan's mom, is how he loves me. There is this little person who is only 7 weeks old, and he already loves me. He smiles at me and laughs, he loves to be held by me and cuddled. I know that it's because I take care of him and that I feed him. I know all of the logical things that go along with his development. But it is just the coolest thing that the Lord gave me a little baby that loves me.

Being the child, you give little thought to the natural state of loving your parents. They are your comforter, protector, provider, teacher... well, your parent. Of course you love them. But had I known the joy of receiving love from your child, I think I would have shown my parents much better love.


No comments:

Post a Comment