Monday, March 31, 2014

Davy's 6th birthday weekend

First of all, I just cannot believe that Davy is already 6! His Grandpa prayed for the food before the birthday party began, and he said: "thank you for his life, a life that some did not want to exist."

I got choked up at that moment. It was true. When Katie was pregnant with Davy, her Oncologist told my sister to have an abortion. That was her medical advice. She told Katie that due to the radiation that Davy had been exposed to in the womb, he was very possibly going to be a vegetable at birth and it would be best for Katie to abort him.

Thank the Lord that Katie had conviction that the word of God is true. Thank the Lord that Katie believed her fetus was a life. Thank The Lord that her baby Dr. is a believer and walked her through the whole pregnancy. Thank the Lord that he has blessed us with Davy!

Can you imagine this boy not existing in this world?! I cannot. He will always be our sweet miracle and reminder of the Lord's care and goodness.

He VERY proudly wore his cousins jersey to his first tball game of the season.


What a weekend! Here are a few pictures to give you picture of our weekend ;-)

The boys LOVE time with uncle Kyle. They especially love when he reads to them before bed

I imagine this will be one of those pictures that our kids will look at in 15-20 years and say "Dad, you look so young! You were that young when you had me?" I love looking at early everyday pictures of my parents when they were starting their family.

Dan making us breakfast. As he does every weekend.

Bath's are his favorite.. and being bundled up after!


Andrew sweetly refusing to eat from me. He's acting distracted.. but really just refusing to look at me.

"Look, I can turn even FURTHER away from you"

"this frog is cooler than you!"

Caught red handed!

Mouth too full of chocolate to talk.... too cute!

looking through old photos and found this gem. Cheek to Cheek with Dad. Abigail has always been our joy!

Is there anything much better than a cold drink on a front porch with a good friend on a Sunday afternoon?... I think not


No comments:

Post a Comment