Saturday, February 1, 2014

The waiting game

Kyle and I went in for a routine Dr appointment on Tuesday expecting everything to be status quo and found out I have pregnancy induced hypertension... Sounds scary and dramatic right? Its not. It's something that could be bad if not caught or monitored, but my doctor is all over it! My symptoms are there, however, not bad enough to induce labor, but bad enough to put me on modified bed rest. Basically I have been told to lay down most of the day and relax.

The symptoms include high blood pressure, headaches, blurry vision, a liver that isn't functioning properly, and a lot of swelling in the face hands and feet. There are more, but those are the ones I'm dealing with.

This is just one more time in my life where I get to wait on The Lord. To be honest the worst of it all is just being patient. I've basically begged the Doctors to induce me, but they have said to wait. ( and I can't even try all of those fun home remidies to induce labor since I'm on bed rest... I went on a 4 mile walk and wound up in triage the same night)

I am being forced to have a quiet heart and it is so good for me to see the depth of my impatience. I have a VERY patient husband, just one of his many incredible qualities. He is just as excited for me to go into labor, but he stays quiet as he takes care of me, and works on the house so it's ready for the baby, and works! He doesn't complain and keeps a happy heart. I'm learning a lot from him and can't wait for him to teach our son! .... If he'd just hurry up and get here! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment