Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"How is being a mom?"

My younger sister sent me a text and asked me "How is being a mom?"... I told her it was the best and she wanted to know why.

Well I am only 2.5 weeks in, and so I am SURE I could answer this question a lot better later on, but so far here are some of the highlights...

1. I have the privilege to just be home and spend time with this little guy that I love and is mine to care for. Sure, I am exhausted! But once I look at him, it's like an energy boost.. and the Lord just gives me the grace to keep going.

2. Being a parent alongside Kyle is a huge blessing. Seeing how he has changed into a dad has been so sweet, and one of those things that I could never have had explained to me, it's just something you have to experience. It has grown our marriage, and our love.

3. Just being able to be home and function within my role is fabulous. I am SO thankful that the Lord has provided for me to be a stay at home mom.

4. Jonathan is so much fun! He makes silly faces and already has this cute little personality. I lose track of time just looking at him.

5. I guess it's the best because this is what I have been called to, and I get to fulfill that calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment