Friday, February 21, 2014

The Labor and Delivery story

(Warning! the next posts are all a catch up on Jonathan and our first 2 weeks. Prepare for baby overload! :) )

Well, I was finally induced on Friday, February 7. I had to all but beg to be induced and I am so thankful that we did. We discovered the my hypertension was worse than we realized, and took a bigger toll on my body than expected (some permanent loss of vision in my right eye and difficulty producing milk) However, I can truly say that I can see the Lord using it all to increase my dependence on Him.. as I am sure all of parenting will do.

Anyways... I labored for 24 hrs. and then we did a c-section. A couple of funny moments during labor.

1. They told me I needed an epidural to keep my blood pressure down ( much to my dismay, I didn't want one) I agreed to it, but was confused, and thought they were waiting to give it to me for some reason... so in the meantime I was in a lot of pain from the contractions. The nurse asked me if I wanted something for the pain, meaning the epidural, and I said "Yes! That would be wonderful! Do you have any extra strength tylenol?" .... she stared at me for a while as if I had lost my mind and then told me the weakest strength medicine they give is morphine.

2. After the morphine I was a little loopy and talked to kyle in my sleep... which really isn't that out of the norm.

3. I ended up getting the epidural.. and it was the easiest part of the entire process... Wow did the Lord answer those prayers!

Here are a few pics from our night in the hospital.

Kyle trying to sleep in the chair.... he wasn't very successful


I couldn't sleep... the contractions had just started and I hadn't agreed to the morphine yet

The beginning of contractions...

the 24 hr. mark
 
He is here!!!!

Oh! I do not want to forget how the Lord so kindly answered my prayers!! My Dad, Mom, and youngest sister made it just in time for us to have Jonathan! I so badly wanted them there when he was born, and they were! So were my oldest sister and brother in law, and younger sister Deb. (Jess couldn't make it and was sorely missed... but hopefully I'll be home with Jonathan in April! I missed the birth of her youngest baby, the first Nephew or Nieces birth I had missed and it was SO hard.. so I know how she feels) 
Right before they wheeled me away, my dad slipped back to my bedside and prayed with me. It was one of those moments I don't think I'll forget, ever. It meant the world to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment