Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not Pregnant, Period.

WARNING: Highly Emotional Woman About to Blog

I'm pretty sure only close friends and family read this blog, so I'm going to share this story. If, by chance you are someone I don't know, well, don't take this very seriously. 

I have mentioned a time or two how patient Kyle is. Well, if you doubted me, today takes the cake! I'm a little late this month, a week late to be exact. So I took a little pregnancy test. 

Let me back up, Kyle and I are NOT trying for children right now. We would love to be married a little longer than 6 months and be more financially stable before we try for kids... ok, back to the present.

I took a pregnancy test. It came back Negative. 

I called Kyle to tell him. He said "Well, that's kind of a relief. I mean I would be stoked to be a father no matter what, but we're not really ready for kids right now." 

My response: I started crying.

Kyle: Bek, why are you crying? is everything ok?

Me: "yeah, I was just kind of prepared to be pregnant all morning, now I'm not"

Kyle: "Wait, you want to be pregnant? You want kids now?"

Me: "No"

Kyle: "I'm confused, whats the problem then? we'll have kids someday"

Me: "Wah. Wah. Wah" (still crying)

Kyle: "I'm thinking that you are really not pregnant, maybe your about to start? are you ok?"

Me: " It's ok, you wouldn't understand?"

Kyle: "I thought we talked about this. We were on the same page about when we wanted kids. When did you decide you wanted them now?"

Me: "I don't. I just was kind of psyching myself up for being pregnant, just in case I was.. Now I'm not, it's sort of disappointing."

Kyle: "I don't get it. At all. But I love you!"


Has any other newlywed had a moment like this? 

   On a less psychotic note: 17 days until Christmas! try listening to Mariah Carey (Holiday) on Pandora. I think it's my favorite Christmas Radio station so far. 

7 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.



    Welcome to my life. And I was 15 days late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know that we're still the same, even if we're separated. Our poor husbands. I have laughed at myself all day about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I'm "close family" or a "close friend," but I enjoyed this story. I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you read it and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. made caleb and and laugh...thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally had this happen to me 2 months into our marriage, I don't think our husbands will ever get it....but it is funny to look back on now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep. Not gunna lie. Matt and I JUST had this conversation Friday night because I didn't take my birth control during my most fertile days (not on purpose, mind you) but then I started my period...6 days early! And I was kinda bummed because I was sorta kinda hoping...and so yeah. We had the same conversation. haha fun times!

    ReplyDelete