Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Santa Barbara

 One of the things about being a young married couple is that Kyle and I still jump in the car and are able to have mini little adventures on a whim. 

 This weekend I got to go to Santa Barbara with some great friends and see my cousin, and stay with one of the SWEETEST couples. 


We all felt a little like hobbits by the end of the trip. We didn't stop eating. We had breakfast, a snack, then tea with homemade scones that were to die for, then we had lunch, dessert, snack and more food and then a formal snack, not quite a full meal, but really we couldn't have eaten a full meal. Between and during meal times we had lots of coffee and tea! 


It was really great fellowship. I use that word because it was encouraging time and encouraging conversation. We had a lot of different people gathered together, but the Lord was at the center of it and so it was really great.
settlers of catan champions!


ali doesn't look very happy.. which is kind of ironic since we were all laughing the whole time
serj and chloa :)
friends since 5th grade.. they were finishing each others sentences.and the source of most entertainment
tough
the whole gang
Then we went to our old church on Sunday and got to see more friends and spend the afternoon with my sisters, brother and nephews! What a blast! (except that I left my phone charger in LA and so I have a dead phone...)


Sadly, we got home and I got sick... sick, as in I slept for 12 hours. I went to bed at 7pm last night. I am not feeling well! 

Now to get back into the swing of everyday life and rest up so that we can go on more adventures soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment