Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas cheer

I am LOVING this time of year. The holidays are without doubt my favorite time of year. We're coming off of a great Thanksgiving and now hitting the road running into Christmas. I love the music, the baking, time with family and friends, celebrating Jesus' birth. I could go on and on and on, but I wont for your sake. 


I will only be posting until the 17th, then I'm going home for Christmas.. I may post while I'm home, but no promises. So, until then I need to impart as much Christmas cheer with you as possible. 


We'll start with music.. This is my favorite version of "O Holy Night" Celine has a beautiful voice! And she is one of the only people I can find that still sings the line "Christ is the Lord". I'm sharing the YouTube video, because I don't know how else to share it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr-2eyRtV4



Next is a good Christmas Recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com


Pecan Tarts 


Ingredients:

  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • FILLING
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans

    Directions

  • In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter; blend in flour and salt. Chill for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls; press into the bottom and up the sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
  • For filling, beat the egg in a small mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir in pecans. Bake at 325 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
(I also posted in working out )

 

No comments:

Post a Comment