Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a little crafting

After we cut our bed down to size ( if you don't know what I'm talking about, read the post "off the floor" we had some wood left over.. we knew that we could use it for something, but it's pretty much just been sitting under out bed and so today I decided I would do something with it... 


See the stencil's in the top left corner.. I didn't use them.. should have... the computer was to play tunes,the rest is pretty obvious.


It says "going steady" instead of dating because of my dad...

"Dad, Kyle and I are dating" -me
"I know" - dad
" How do you know? We haven't told anyone." - me
"Bekki you called me awhile ago and said that you were dating" - dad
"No, I said I liked him and we were going on dates." - me
" yeah, dating" - dad
" dad that's not dating, now he's my boyfriend." -me
"ohhhhhh, you mean your going steady." -dad
" no dad, I'm dating.. I wasn't born 50 years ago." - me


Added hooks


yellow, grey, (it looks silver there, but it's not) and blue.. our wedding colors


I think I'm going to sand it down and use the stencil... kyle thinks it's cool it's in my handwriting... we'll see how long they last.

It'll be fun to add our 50th anniversary to this. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Why do you have to wait till your fiftieth to make another.....how about the babies.birthdays or five years or something....but.fifty is a little far away

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll do something before the 50th...first I have to get it to where i really like it. But it's just really cool to think about being married that long

    ReplyDelete