Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Motherhood lately

Jonathan is teething. I have learned that there is teething... and then there is TEETHING.

We were sleeping in nice long stretches through the night, for about a week, and then the bad teething kicked in and he wakes up in pain throughout the night.

Yes, I have those "Wonderful Hylands Teething Tablets", and I think they are wonderful too, for the 2 minutes that they work.

Yes, I have infant oragel, and I think it's wonderful, for the 2 minutes that it works.

Yes, I have infant Tylenol. I love it, I love it because it works, and for more than 2 minutes!

I went from loving babycenter online (What a great place to ask some of your new mommy questions!) to hating babycenter. It's just a place where all of us new moms ask the exact same question and then guess at the answer, because none of us are medical professionals. So, all that we discover is that we all have babies that are going through the same thing, so we must all be normal right? Right? Please somebody tell me that I'm right and we are all normal!!! Also,the moms use abbreviations in ways I don't understand. They constantly refer to their children as "LO's"... My LO stopped sleeping through the night.... My LO is eating a lot more lately.. My LO is OT lately, am I keeping her up too long?.... All I know is that Jonathan is in no way an "LO".. I can't figure it out.

So, what is my solution to finding out the answers I seek? I make a list for my doctor. However, the list changes daily because my son changes daily. Thank the Lord for older sisters!!! I usually just call one of them with my non-medical emergencies and am usually told, that I have a baby, and babies change, and I'm ok.

Except for the other day.

I called my oldest sister because I had a horrible first mom experience. Below is how my sister has reported the story.

Since Bekki had baby Jonathan she has occasionally called me with "new mom" questions and they've all been normal until today. 
Bekki: "Um, Katie, so, well, I was changing Jonathan's diaper and (pause) well, well I didn't get him covered up fast enough and he peed, and it went straight in his mouth, what do I do?"
Me: Well, pretty sure there is nothing to do.
Bekki: I am the worse Mom ever

I did proceed to wash Jonathan's mouth out, and he did NOT like that. 

This is motherhood lately. It's a blast, it's a learning experience, and I am tired. I am sure that coffee is proof that God loves mothers.

2 comments:

  1. Little one. That is my best guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right... makes perfect sense. I need to work on my abbreviation lingo

      Delete