Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Summer Study

This summer a few women and myself have been studying Reformed Theology. It's something I have studied before and thought I had a pretty good grasp of. However, I really wanted to dig in deeper and so I emailed my pastor about what books he would recommend. He and our associate pastor recommended a number, but the top 2 were "Chosen by God" by Sproul, and "The Five Points of Calvinism defined, defended, and documented" by Steele Thomas & Quinn.

I have LOVED them! They really remind you of your standing before the Lord, explain opposing views, and really shine a light on the character of God... which is why I pulled out my trusty copy of "The attributes of God" by Pink to read along side the other two books.

So, if you find you don't know what to study, or you just want to brush up on your theology, or you need a crash course in being THANKFUL daily that the Lord chose you, well then give these books a try.

( I have a list of books on church history to do next..... so excited!)

In other news. Jonathan and I have been on the hunt for a good high chair. I want one that can strap to a regular chair. Our place is too small for a full high chair. Well, I got one at Target the other day that was a huge NO. It kind of leaned forward, so poor Jonathan couldn't sit up in it unless he really tried hard... here are some pics. (It is pure coincidence that the books I mentioned earlier are in these pictures)






1 comment:

  1. They make high chairs that strap to chairs and have adjustable settings. They can lean back for when they are little and sit up straight for later on. I got one at babies r us.
    By the way, this is Jody. I am a friend of Jess from Boise. I have met you a couple times when you have been visiting. Your little guy is super precious. Got to see him when Abigail had him in the halls at church. :)

    ReplyDelete