Friday, March 7, 2014

a prepared heart and mind

Through a number of things... but mostly realizing that I am responsible (with Kyle) for the spiritual upbringing of Jonathan.... I have thought much about having a prepared heart and mind for the day I need to give a defense for my faith.

I was recently reminded that it is the past truths that you have hidden in your heart that keep you through a trial. We want to be preparing now, for our future trials. Kyle and I are choosing scriptures to memorize together that focus on the Lord's work, His calling for our lives, and finishing strong. (I'm sure we'll increase this list)

When I think about Jonathan, I can't wait to memorize with him, tell him Bible stories, and teach him songs... My prayer is that he will never remember not knowing the Lord. I pray he will be a Daniel. Alistair Begg recently challenged his congregation to be raising children to be Daniels, and then shared the lyrics to this old song.

  1. Standing by a purpose true,
    Heeding God’s command,
    Honor them, the faithful few!
    All hail to Daniel’s band!
    • Refrain:
      Dare to be a Daniel,
      Dare to stand alone!
      Dare to have a purpose firm!
      Dare to make it known.
  2. Many mighty men are lost,
    Daring not to stand,
    Who for God had been a host
    By joining Daniel’s band.
  3. Many giants, great and tall,
    Stalking through the land,
    Headlong to the earth would fall,
    If met by Daniel’s band.
  4. Hold the Gospel banner high!
    On to vict’ry grand!
    Satan and his hosts defy,
    And shout for Daniel’s band.

No comments:

Post a Comment