Wednesday, March 12, 2014

the boys are asleep

At about 7:30 this evening both of my boys headed to bed. Actually, Kyle headed to the floor of Jonathan's room (saving the bed for me) He is missing us. Kyle sleeps in our room during the week, and I sleep in Jonathan's room so that I don't wake Kyle with the middle of the night feedings. He decided he needed to be with us tonight, but was pretty tired from waking up early and going to bed late and so I sent him to bed.. yes, at 7:30.

And Jonathan, well, he's going on 5 weeks old so he gets to sleep all the time.

I found myself with an evening alone and was able to pack Kyle's lunch, clean the kitchen, get his breakfast ready, and write this blog post. It's been rather nice.

I have a friend who posts random thoughts on Fridays, and I think Pioneer Woman does as well. I know it's not Friday, but I am going to share my 10 thoughts with you, feed my boy again, and then call it a night.

1. I can't wait for Easter! It's on my mind a LOT, and if I wasn't spending my time adjusting to motherhood, my house would already be completely decorated for it. It might be my favorite holiday. Yep. It's the favorite!

2. If you find yourself with some spare time you should listen to Alistair Begg's new series. He is doing a series on Heroes of the faith. SO GOOD!

3. My kid is the cutest! look at the fun pants he is wearing. I've been checking them out all day.

4. We've really been working on scheduling this week. We've only been at it a week and I am already going to tweek it just a bit... I feel kinda like I'm breaking the rules, I'm not super worried about it though, unless of course he never sleeps through the night because of my choices... ahhhh! ;-)

5. I am reading through the book of Acts. Why haven't I done that more?!

6. If you thought I attracted unsolicited conversations before because of my height... well, just add a baby to the mix. All the crazy's are coming out to play! .... or just have random conversations with me. For example:

Strange lady at Plowboys: "Oh what a beautiful baby, how old is he? Is it alright if I take a peek at him?"

Me: "He's 1 month, yes, you can look at him."

S.L.A.P.: (she starts to tear up.. really... I have a witness) Oh he is so precious... You know, I just took a baby bird home and tried to rescue him.

Me: (stunned, not knowing what to say... I mean she didn't give me any transition there... just beautiful baby to bird.) Ohhhh, that was nice of you.

S.L.A.P: yes, my grandkids found it and I took it home and I did what I could to save it. The next morning my grandson came over and asked about he bird, we walked outside to look at it, and it was dead.

Me: I'm..........so sorry.

S.L.A.P: "I'm taking it really hard."

Me: (and now my friend who is wondering what in the world is going on.) I can see that.

S.L.A.P: Well you just have the most beautiful baby, have a great day, bye.

7.  There is a lot of talk about the movie Frozen lately.. I liked Tangled way better, but I'll tell you, I can't get the songs out of my head! .... Love is an open Door, (door) Love is an open door with you, with You, with YOU, love is an open dooooooor.....

8. being a mom is the BEST!!!!

9. I can't keep track of the day of the week anymore. It's almost like every day is the weekend... is this just a new mom thing, or will I get my sense of time back?

10. I've been so thankful and amazed by Kyle.... I have married one amazing man! and what a SERVANT!

ok, well time to go feed again! and then sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment