Friday, May 31, 2013

Homemade Salsa

Kyle loves homemade Salsa. He cannot stand the stuff that comes in a jar.

Being the, Montana bred/white girl that I am, I don't have a bunch of homemade salsa recipes. I'll cook you a rare elk steak any day. However, when it comes to Mexican food... well, mine is Americanized to say the least.

Kyle requested some homemade salsa last night and I decided to take on the challenge regardless of the fact that I had reservations. I mean let's be honest. I knew that Pioneer Woman or Paula Dean or someone from food network would have a simple 5 star recipe on the internet just waiting for me to use.

I chose my recipe and walked a block to our local produce market and....... they didn't have over half of the ingredients that I needed.

Ok, time to fake it 'til you make it! Kyle wanted salsa and that's what he's gonna get.

Turns out it was a hit! I'm sure I'll tweek it as time goes by, but here is my Salsa recipe. Kyle approved!





Ingredients:

 3 large ripe tomatoes diced
 1 small white onion finley chopped
 1 small red onion diced
 1 clove garlic minced
 1 4oz can yellow peppers and liquid (dice peppers and add juice)
 1 chopped green pepper
 1/2 large jalapeno pepper diced
 salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
 2 Tbs vegitable oil
 juice of 1 lemon

I would have added cilantro if the store had it! You can also use a can or green chili's instead of yellow ones if you'd like.

Just add it all into a bowl, stir, and let sit. (you can serve it right away, but the longer it sits the more the flavors mix.. yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment