Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reading

I was doing my daily reading today, and couldn't get past 1 Timothy 2:9-15.

"Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness. 11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12 But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint."

John MacArthur's commentary on verse 10 is this: Those women who have publicly committed themselves to pursuing godliness should support that claim not only in their demeanor, wardrobe, and appearance, but by being clothed with righteous behavior. 

I pray this is the woman the Lord grows me into!


On a different note, I am going to recommend two books. The first one is Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. Kyle finished it last night and now it's my turn to read. I've barely gotten into it, but so far it's wonderful and listening to the bits that Kyle read to me I highly recommend it. It's a World War 2 Survival story. 



The second book is The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien. It's such a popular book I'm sure most of you have already read it, but I wanted to re-read it before the movie came out. Tolkien is an amazing writer! It was worth the second read. 




No comments:

Post a Comment