Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines.... week?

It seems like everyone this year is saying "I'm not much of a Valentines Day person, but..." Well that's just not me. I'm a Valentine's Day person. Ever since I was little my grandma would come over while my sisters and I were doing school (getting tutored upstairs) and she would decorate our dining room with Valentine's Day decorations. On our break we'd run down and then we'd make these amazing lemon sugar cookies and frost them.

My grandma is an amazing cook and probably an even better baker. She would decorate the cookies to look like candy hearts and make my sisters and I our own "candy heart" cookie. 

Grandma had us celebrating EVERY holiday.

I have had Kyle to share it with the last 3 years, and while I don't care if we do something big or not, I enjoy the excuse to just love on each other. 

This has been Valentine's Week for us. Not really on purpose, it's just happened. 

Monday I made him a yummy dinner


 and then we went to see the Vow. I read the true story that inspired the movie, very sweet. Kyle was skeptical, but we really enjoyed our date night.





Tuesday we did a Valentine's Day dinner with our small group. We had a ton of fun! Our small group leaders daughter just got engaged, she came home from her date with her fiance and you know she had to be wondering why a group of young married people were all together on Valentines' Day instead of on romantic private dates... Well we were all celebrating on a different day (Tuesday is a work day!) We're so mature and practical now ;-) 

picture stolen right off our small group leaders facebook page. I forgot to take one


This morning I woke up with Kyle, and sometime between us getting home late and waking up at 4:00am he put roses and a really sweet card on the table for me to wake up to

Saturday is our "real" Valentine's Day celebration. I have such a wonderful husband that is so fun to love! I am thankful for him daily

No comments:

Post a Comment