Sunday, September 11, 2011

Work dinner

Last night Kyle and I attended a work dinner..... I feel old. I told Kyle that as we arrived and he said " I don't feel old, I feel like a 17 year old hanging out with grown-ups". Great, now I felt even older because I was reminded I'm older than my husband.

It was a truly great night though. The dinner was hosted at kyle's boss's house (which is gorgeous) and I got to meet all the men I've been hearing about from Kyle, but better than that I got to meet their wives. This move has been good, but an adjustment all the same. Kyle's job is very demanding, especially during the beginning years. 

These women have paved the way for me. They have been where I'm at, they have patiently loved their husbands through late nights and stressful times and all the while maintained healthy thriving homes that are focused on the Lord. I have amazing examples to follow..I'm not going to lie, it's a bit intimidating.

A wonderful night though; the Lord has greatly blessed us with this opportunity and with such a family to be a part of.

On the way home Kyle and I were discussing how all of this has been made possible because of my dad. He has been faithful to follow the Lord and to pursue great friendships, and through that we were given this job opportunity. We both want to be such a blessing to our children some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment