Monday, September 12, 2011

Starting Out.... slowly

I do realize that I have already posted today... but seeing as I want to post this and that there isn't that much else for me to do at the moment... here we go

Disclaimer:  I am thankful for Kyle's job, thankful for this move, all that the Lord is teaching us, and for the great people that we've met.. That being said, I want to explain a little about my days, because life can sometimes be frustrating or hard, without wanting to change your circumstances.

I am not working and we're on a budget, which means.... I spend a lot of time alone at home. However, not able to do much because we are saving our money and I can't just go buy things for crafts when I want because I know my husband would prefer dinner when he gets home as opposed to a newly decorated bedroom.

I wake up, have breakfast and do my quiet time (which is actually one plus to no job, i get to read and pray for long periods and not worry about a schedule to follow) Then I start the job hunt. I have literally walked into almost every building in Temecula and asked if they are hiring. "No, but you can always apply." or "We don't do applications in the store, you can go online and apply though." are the two responses I ALWAYS get. 

So I've taken to applying online and.... YELLOW PAGES! Yep, I go to yp.com type in Temecula for location and a topic such as "Dentists" (they give great benefits if you can get a job as a receptionist) and I call. "Hello, my name is Rebekah Thompson, I was wondering if you are currently hiring in the Receptionist position." "No, ok, thanks anyway!"

No one wants to hire me. Kyle isn't too worried, We don't NEED me to be working, but it would be a GREAT blessing. In the mean time I plan our meals, clean the apartment, go on walks, and read blogs and my favorite.. I Pin. Thank the Lord for Pinterest. Kyle isn't too thankful for it, as I am constantly asking for his help in projects that I find on there, but he does love the recipes I try. 

So this is starting out right now, those early stages I will someday tell my kids about. How we made it on love and blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment