Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hormonaly Homesick

Kyle has noticed that I have been missing home, and more specifically my Dad, more than he has ever seen in our years of dating and marriage.

I told my mom how much I was missing Dad, and the first thing she said was : "Oh honey, those are hormones."

I couldn't help but laugh. I am sure that hormones play a part. Perhaps even a bigger part than I realize. But I still hold that I am also truly  missing my Dad. I actually think that Kyle is somewhat to blame.

As we talk through our ideas of parenting and what we hope to do with our little one Kyle constantly asks me "How did your dad teach this, or do that?" In fact, I think that Kyle believes that every parenting question can be answered by knowing what my dad did.

So, as I get more emotional and as the baby is closer to arriving, I am constantly thinking of my dad and growing more and more thankful for him!

In Kyle's attempt to help with my homesickness he has been trying to do things that remind me of home. We've done a few "fall" activities, and spend as much time outside as possible. When we go on walks he has started to "train for hunting" by wearing a heavy pack. (Just like my dad) And he even volunteered to watch a holiday movie if I wanted. 
Some of our "Fall" activities

enjoying our evenings outside!
On another note, it is SO fun watching Kyle prepare to be a dad. It has been one of my favorite things in our marriage. Last night he felt the baby move for the first time. I wish I could have taken a picture of the look on his face, I don't think I'll ever forget it.




No comments:

Post a Comment