Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad!

I (and my 4 sisters) are blessed to be the daughters of the best father in the world! He's always been my hero, but the older I get, the more I realize how his life has been a sacrifice of love for us. I haven't thanked him enough or told him I love him as much as I should, but if I could make up for years of not saying it enough I would!



In our family we always say, "I love you more than you love me.. got my hand up" (there is a whole game that goes with it, that is a bit silly and hard to explain, You'd have to be a part of the family to get it) Each time I tell my dad that I love him more than he loves me he just tells me I'm wrong and I could never understand how much he loves me. His life is testament that that is true.

When I wrote about him on Father's Dad I shared a couple of things I have learned about him through the years. This time I'm going to give you a short list of some of the things that come to mind when I think of him.

1. Love's scripture, and especially stories of old testament hero's of the faith.
2. Loves the outdoors, especially hunting.. although a fishing trip never put him in a bad mood
3. Loves his girls (He's got a lot of us!) but equally loves his son's, who will never be called "in-laws". They are now his children and thats all there is to it.
4. He loves when we dance and sing in the kitchen.
5.He's passed down his passions to us. (Now Kyle makes fun of me, because I only like things the "wood way, which is the right way")
6. He's a Patriot. (road trips often consisted of being asked who said famous patriotic sayings... "Give me liberty of give me death" -Patrick Henry)
7. He's sacrificial.
8. He loves adventure, and loves when we go on adventures! (I love memories of cliff jumping with him.)
9.  He's a great husband and example to Kyle and I.
10. He's a man's man. I think my dad has won every "my dad is cooler than your dad" battle I ever had.



No comments:

Post a Comment