Saturday, November 1, 2014

My mom has said many times that the early years of parenting are the physically hard years and the later years are mentally/emotionally hard.

Things are pretty physical around here.

I feel as though I blink and the week is gone. Jonathan is everywhere. He loves to explore and look at every possible thing. He LOVES to be outside. I can't wait for the day we have a yard so we can easily be outside all the time.



I want to stop time. I want to take in every lesson the Lord is teaching me, I want to stare at Jonathan and observe every detail before he changes again. I want to sit and watch Kyle be a dad, to see how the Lord is growing him as a leader, to watch how he is being stretched and molded by the Lord. I get to see these things, but I feel as though I'm watching them in hyper-speed.

Kyle and I were driving to a Halloween party last night and Jonathan fell asleep in the car. We were a bit early so we just drove him around letting him rest and Kyle and I drove through a part of town we hadn't seen before and talked. It was such sweet time. Uninterrupted time. Just us.

I don't want to make it sound like this busy time is something I'm complaining about. I am so loving it I just wish I could slow down to love it more! I never could have imagined the joy of building a family. I can't wait for more babies (no, I'm not pregnant) I can't wait until we have 4 kids and Kyle and I are so exhausted that all we want is to sleep in on a Saturday morning, but instead our kids come in and pile on us! Because really snuggling on a Saturday morning is much better than sleeping on a Saturday morning.

I am so blessed.

I am humbled by it.

I hope I never lose sight of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment