Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Day Before Vacation

Well I haven't been on here much. Mostly because what I have going on isn't super fun to hear about. But out of fear of looking like those people on facebook or instagram that only post the most flattering, edited to perfection, fun activity photos that make you think they don't struggle in life and that they don't sin either, I am going to keep it real and let you see my ugly side.... (Deep Breath)

First Trimester has been rough! Yes, we are excited to have a baby, we are thrilled actually, but right now I'm just focusing on not throwing up, or crying, or feeling exhausted.. and the list goes on. Have any of you seen the movie "What to expect when your expecting"? Well if you have, I'm the girl who was SUPER excited to get pregnant and then felt horrible, so horrible that she wet herself before she got on stage to speak to a group of people.

While I haven't wet myself yet, I have done embarrassing things out of exhaustion. Such as email my HR guy to let him know I was pregnant so that I could get the appropriate paperwork for maternity leave, and although in my head I wrote something professional, in reality I said: "So I don't really get how it works, but I'm pregnant!" He wrote back and said he wasn't going to explain how it worked, but congratulations.

Kyle is truly a saint! He has put up with my inability to do most things right now and has picked up the slack. As if he has the time or energy to pick up my slack.

Well here we are, the day before vacation.. The laundry isn't done, the house is a disaster, and we haven't packed a thing. It's going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment