Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Why So Serious? (Obviously say it in the jokers voice)

Sometimes I read my sisters blog and the girl talk blog and then I sit down to write and realize that I don't have some spiritually inspired words of wisdom that will change your life, which makes me feel like a bit of a failure and unworthy to write.

Then I think... I'll just post some pictures to give a update on our life (which I will do, but probably not today) Well, once I post my pictures that were taken and edited on my phone I see some of my friends pictures that were just "snapshots" from their day... and they look stinking professional... failed again.

Theeeen I think "why are you comparing yourself to people, this is your blog, THEY DON'T HAVE TO READ IT IF THEY DON'T WANT TO!!!" ( and now I'm yelling at you, sorry.)

So here I go with an un-inspired, non-professional post.

Lately I've felt so busy that I end my day and often think, "How did I get here? What happened the last 8 hours." It's kind of like when you drive a very familiar road and once you arrive you think, I don't remember any of my drive! Scary!

Despite the business things are going well. We are more and more settled into our new place, work is going well, church is wonderful..... but one thing that is really bothering me is that I don't feel like I make dinner anymore.

It seems as though Kyle and I are NEVER home for dinner. (Thanks to all of our friends who have apparently been feeding us the last month or so)

It may seem strange that not making dinner is what is bothering me, but it's true. It really has been this tiny trial in my life. 

So, I have researched some wonderful, healthy, easy meals and Kyle and I are going to eat together again! 

Thank you Pinterest! You have saved my... dinner. (I almost said marriage, but that seemed WAY too dramatic.) 

On a side note I am going to need to update my Tall Diaries very soon, so be on the lookout for that... Crazy things have been happening to me lately... just when you think you've experienced it all a man asks if he can buy you dinner, a stranger hugs you from behind, and you get thanked for "being a leader in our world today and making headway for our childrens futures! Kids don't have to be afraid of marrying someone short or tall anymore!" (WOW!)

Lastly, I LOVE working with kids. It is one of the best parts of my day. I am going to start a new diary that has all of these fabulous stories from the kids at school. 

Here is a preview:

"Miss Bekki do you think that I could speak with you in private please?" - T
"Yes T, what do you need?" - Me
"Well Miss Bekki I am being stalked by another student, and I just want to scream. I was wondering if you could talk to him with me." -T

"Sure, T, I will talk to R with you."

We talk about personal space and R informs T that he wasn't stalking him because that isn't something that kids do, it's something that "old men who only play video games and are really weird with greasy hair do." But R agrees to give T some space.

I walk the boys back to class thinking that the situation is resolved but T lingers in the hallway and asks if he can speak to me again.

"Miss Bekki?" -T
"Yes, T?" -Me
"Do you ever just get the urge to do something?"- T
"Yes, T, sometimes I do." -Me
"Well, I still REEEAAAALY want to scream, because I've been thinking about it, and I think I might think about it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day if you don't take me outside to scream." -T

So there I was, standing with T in the parking lot as he screamed (which quickly turned into yodeling.)

Happy Tuesday.



4 comments:

  1. That story made me actually laugh out loud. I feel ya, kid. About the screaming and stalker-y old men.

    Also... umm... if you ever read my blog, I don't have nuggets of spiritual wisdom either. It's random retarded thoughts. Join the club.

    Miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my words are so far from spiritually inspired it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they are encouraging to me non-the-less :)

      Delete