Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things I didn't think would fall into my job description

When you work at a small school you wear lots of hats, and end up doing things way outside of your "job title". Lately my job title has included some fun stuff...

Along with being the secretary I am also the school nurse. I've had a couple of kids get legitimately sick (bummer!) and have had to clean up after them. However, most of my kids just want to chat, get out of class, get a band aid for cuts you can't see with the naked eye, or sit in my lap. Here's a little convo.

E: "Miss Bekki, my stomach hurts."

Me: " I'm so sorry E, do you think we should give mom a call?"

E: "Not really, I heard that "C" sat in your lap when her stomach hurt. Maybe I should just do that." (he said while shrugging his shoulders.. p.s. he's in first grade)

I also run lunches. I have about 100 kids per lunch that I look after. (Yes, I have help!) Lately we've been playing this little game called Freeze Dance. I play a song, the kids dance. I pause the song, the kids freeze. If you move your out!

Turns out that 1 Direction is the only CD we have in the gym and so I've had no choice to use them. Didn't even know who they really were until recently, but let me tell you they have been stuck in my head for 2 weeks. ("the way that you flip your hair has me overwhelmed.....lalalalala. YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR BEAUTIFUL! lalalalalalala")

I'm also now the librarian. Seriously I don't know why I got this task. I love to read and I started to decorate and organize the books because they were bugging me. But now I am in charge or ordering books and really in charge of all things to do with the library..... poor kids didn't know that I was going to sensor what they could read. Mwahahahaha!

I think my next segment will be kids say the darndest things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment