Friday, May 2, 2014

I know you

I know that J can't really understand what I say to him, and yet I talk to him all day long, and I read to him, and I sing to him (poor poor kid)

Well today, I caught myself telling him "I know you"

I do. I know him better than he knows himself. ( I should, seeing as he's only 12 weeks old)

I know that he loves to stare at the color red, He doesn't even know what red is.
I know how he behaves when He is tired.
I know he doesn't like to be hot, he doesn't know what heat or cold is.
I know how to make him smile.
I know how to comfort him.
I know he loves to roll over, but he doesn't know that he will crawl, walk, and run.

Then I started thinking this must be exactly how the Lord see's us.

I know I'm tired, but I don't know that the Lord is building my endurance for something greater than now.
I know there are things I enjoy, but can't explain why. The Lord knit my heart together, and put desires in my heart.
He knows how to make me smile, how to comfort me, and how to love me.

Oh how my trust would grow if I saw myself as an infant in the hands of my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment