Thursday, March 28, 2013

Family Visit

My Mom, Dad, and youngest sister came to visit! It was perfect. I didn't plan much, but I kind of liked it that way so that we could all have a relaxing time together. We BBQ'd, went to the Zoo (I'll show pictures), played Tennis and really just got to enjoy one another. 

I will think back on this weekend as one I LOVED. There are a couple of things that stood out to me. I will remember my walk with Dad, talks with Mom, sleep over with Abigail and listening to her play the piano, my lunch with Mom & Dad, and our trip to the Zoo. 

More than that I will really think of what I have been blessed with. Kyle and I have a wonderful life down here in Murrieta, and much of that is because of my parents. We stepped into church already having friendships because of them. My parents reputation preceded us, paving the way for us to serve the church, and they have been an example to Kyle and I of how to give and live selflessly. My parents think through their decisions in light of eternity, and we strive to do the same. I heard my mom say multiple times that "we pray that this has eternal value". I want to mimic that mentality. They were so giving to us that it was overwhelming. 

We are counting down to our trip in July when we will see them again, along with my sister's family, and Grandma!

Now for some fun pictures from the trip. 

Abigail loved playing tennis

She's improved so much at the piano, it was fun to listen to her play


















No comments:

Post a Comment