Wednesday, February 20, 2013

American Girl Club


So somehow I volunteered to do a book club with the elementary grade girls at school. 

Ok, not somehow.. I know exactly how it happened.

I had some sweet girls tell me they wanted a club. I tried to think of what I could do for them, and remembered my favorite thing at their age... American Girls Dolls

I had Molly





My oldest sister had Samantha, and Second oldest sister had Kirsten. I was thrilled to get Molly. I played with her so much that I actually broke her leg and she had to go to the doll hospital. I might have taken her everywhere and wasn't always careful...
My dad surprised me by sending her to the doll hospital and having her fixed for me.I think I was just as excited for that as when I got Molly for the first time.

The dolls are wonderful in their own right, (It was great to get new outfits for them and their accessories, we typically only got new things for our dolls at Christmas.) but one thing that made them EXTRA special was that my mom loved them. She bought patterns and made a lot of their clothes. She would play with us, and loved seeing the look on our faces when we got something special for our dolls. 

It was her belief that every young girl should have an American Girl Doll, and my daughters will have one too. If I don't end up having any girls... well then my Nieces will just have to be spoiled by me.

 


1 comment:

  1. Aww I always wanted one. I had all the Kirsten books. I think Allie has plenty of grandparents and aunts who will be willing to spoil her though. :)

    ReplyDelete