Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January in Southern California...

... Means that you get to go to the Beach and wear a tank top.
It was a wonderful way to start the long weekend. Kyle was away on a camping trip, and so I busied myself with some dear dear friends. It was a great day, as I am sure you can imagine by this picture.

Well, when you start of the weekend this great you have to continue with some football of course!

49ers are going to the Super Bowl!!!!! Yes, most of my excitement is just to be supportive of my husband, but nonetheless I am excited. We were able to spend some fun time with friends from church. You may notice that there are no women in this picture... well we were there, but the wives huddled on the couch that wasn't in front of the TV, it only seemed right.

Just when I thought it would be hard to start off the week after such a relaxing weekend I found this in my car...
Isn't he the best. He gets up at 4am and still writes me a note and puts it in the car to surprise me.

On a side note, I read this today in my devotions and was so encouraged by it.. I hope it is encouraging to you as well.

Psalm 9:1-2
I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders. 
 I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.

"It is our duty to praise The Lord; let us perform it as a priviledge." -Spurgeon

 



1 comment:

  1. I really love this post. Feeling and expressing appreciation is good for us. Like any wise father, God wants us to learn to be thankful for all the gifts He has given us (James 1:17). It is in our best interest to be reminded that everything we have is a gift from Him. Faith Celebration Center

    ReplyDelete