Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Idaho

Well we are back and in the swing of things. We got home on Saturday and hit the ground running. Actually Kyle hit the ground running and I took a nap. I woke up to 4 new projects underway. He's nesting, and doesn't even really deny it. It's pretty much the best.

Anyway, I'm telling you about coming BACK from Idaho instead of our trip IN Idaho.

It was wonderful to see my family. We arrived and there was the whole crew (meaning my parents, sisters, brother in law and nephew and nieces.) sitting in the front yard waiting for us. It was a relaxing trip where I got to just soak up time with them. We had fun activities thrown in there, but mostly it was just enjoying the family.

My parents might be the two most spiritually refreshing people to me. They serve in actions and words. They serve, serve, serve. They don't get easily flustered, but are just my steady rocks. They tell you what you need to hear in love, and then they love on you. Amazing!

Being with Abigail was a blast!!! I always have fun with her, it was very hard to leave. She is just the sweetest thing! We had great talks at night and a couple of sister dates. I wanted to stash her in my suitcase and bring her home with me.

I got to see my older sisters home and kids and a small glimpse of their life in Idaho, it was great.

I laid on the couch and had my grandma play with my hair while we talked, just like when I was a kid.

I go back for Christmas in 4 months and it just seems like FOREVER away. My mom assures me that the time will fly, but I'm pretty ready for Christmas now.

I said that I would share pictures, but.... I only took 1. I was too caught up in my time there to think about grabbing a camera for the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment