Friday, June 7, 2013

Marked by Thankfulness

A while back I told Kyle that I wanted to be a person marked by Thankfulness. I want to live with the mentality that I am blessed beyond measure. This story is a wonderful one to keep my thinking where it should be.

During his travels one day, Rev. Jeremy Taylor's host was worried over the state of his lodgings, and wished he could have provided more for Taylor. Jeremy Taylor responded by saying, 'Do not be troubled that I am ill provided for, for I have someone who goes before me to make sure that I am treated as a royalty wherever I go.

 The owner of the property replied to him: "who is this? who do you send before you, for no man came to me to prepare for your coming."

Taylor replied: "The knowledge of myself, and the consideration of what I deserve for my sins, which is eternal torments; I arrive at my lodgings, how unprovided soever I find it, METHINKS IT IS EVER BETTER THAN I DESERVE."

How deeply do we think on the gospel? You cannot understand the heights of grace without understanding the depths of sin. You cannot understand the Justification we have in Christ, unless you understand the wrath of God.

Today, I sit at my desk at work and, Praise the Lord, my co-worker is a believer. So we sit, and send out emails to parents, and finish paperwork, while listening to an Alistair Begg sermon.

What blessing (to have work) upon blessing(to work with a believer) upon blessing (to be capable to accomplish my work) upon blessing (to learn more about my Lord) I get to experience today!

Methinks It Is Ever Better Than I Deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment